Monday, January 7, 2013

A 2013 reso... err... Commitment

So here's the thing.  I hate New Year's Resolutions.  I don't believe I have ever made one that I was able to hold on to throughout the entire year.  But I think that part of that has always been my choice of resolution.  So many people this time of year resolve to lose weight, stop smoking -- the problem is that those resolutions are usually doomed from the onset of the fresh start of a new year.  Well, I don't smoke so there's that one, and although I could afford to lose some pounds, that needs to be more of a lifestyle change and not a New Year's Resolution.

So I've decided to commit this year to activities that I enjoy.  Given the utter and complete chaos that last year brought for R and myself -- and the way that affected my blogging -- I've decided that this year I will blog more often.  My goal is at least once a week.  It shouldn't be that hard and it should be routine.


I love this blog...



I love to knit...

I love to blog about knitting...

So given that I hate New Year's Resolutions, I'm not going to call this a resolution :-)

It's January.  A new year.  A fresh start.  Like most of the people I know, it feels like a good time to clean house.  So after putting the holiday decor away, my eye turned to my stash.  My wild, feral stash.  I have a craft room and believe me when I say -- "It's a jungle in there...".  There's yarn, needles, notions, tools, winders, and other fibery things in there with no organization.  So over the next four weeks, I'm going to turn my attention to creating order from the mess...
  • Week 1 - Stash Management

  • Week 2 - Needle Management

  • Week 3 - Pattern Management

  • Week 4 - WIP Management

This week is stash management.  I'm deep in the enemy territory at the moment, but will post on this journey later in the week...

Until then, Knit the New Year everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment