Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's 2013!

Happy New Year everyone!

I have had the best New Year's day I think I have ever experienced.  For several reasons...

Last evening I spent some time "remembering" 2012.  It has been a really long time since I have been able to look back on a year in a completely positive light.  2012 was a very good year to R and I and it feels really good to revel in the happiness it brought.  We made some really good life choices involving our location, work, buying a house, expanding our family, and debt.  I am thankful for each and every one of those choices -- they weren't always obviously the right choice, but I am happy with the result in each case.

We are also thankful for the friends 2012 has brought into our lives.  The move to Memphis brought us home and also involved us in a community -- which is something that we have been missing for the past several years.  It feels permanent -- and that has allowed us to make growth in our friend quotient... :)  R and I are now immersed in the fellowship of our LYS, the Memphis Knitting Guild, and in the wonderful new Cordova Knit Night that R started back in September.

Today, two of our newfound friends came over to the house to join us for a meal (a healthy one of course to combat the holiday food hangover we all have ;), knitting, and a movie marathon.  It was fun. It was more than that really, it was truly pleasurable.  I don't know if they'll ever know what it means to us to have the opportunity to invite them into our home, to share a meal, and knit together.

People say that one should end the year the way one intends to go on, and then that you should spend the first day of the new year doing what you want to fill the year with.  To be perfectly honest, it sounds like a lot of work to me.  I say just fill your days off with what makes you happy.  Tonight I am headed to bed grateful that my house is clean and there's not one single thing during this day that I would have changed.  It was perfect.

Wishing each and every one of ewe a very Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. happy new year!! sounds as if you have really settled in to the Memphis life!! So happy things have worked out so well for you!!! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete