Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ta-Da! Tuesday #20

Two Furry Hats...

Back in September, I saw a sample for a Cocoknits pattern and hatched an idea for a Christmas present.  It was a cool hat -- good for the chill of winter and it would give me the opportunity to learn "thrumming".

So, for today's Ta-Da! Tuesday, we have the Fleeced Earflap Hat (well two of them really):















I made one for a family member and enjoyed it so much I made another for myself.  The yarn in both cases is Malabrigo Rasta (Tip: Knit the medium size to get a large hat in this yarn!).  The thrumming is pure wool dyed brown...  You can find my project in Ravelry here.






Happy Knitting Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous hat, it must have taken ages to do all the thrumming. I don't think it would make sense to use this technique in the UK, it just doesn't get cold enough often enough to warrant it, but I can still admire the effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a LOT of fun to make... It is warm, you almost need to live in Siberia to get the full benefit of it!

      Delete