Friday, February 22, 2013

Fiber Fever Friday # 20

Good Morning!

I hope you are all looking forward to the coming weekend!  The weather forecast calls for sunny skies and mid 50's here in Memphis this weekend, but the Fiber forecast calls for a downpour of good fortune!  

Late last week I spun my first pair of singles (see Fiber Fever Friday # 19) and last weekend, I plied, set and thwacked my first ever 2-ply.  It did turn out to be a bulky weight yarn, but a great bulky weight yarn!  I am very happy with the result -- although I do not think I will ever be able to use this yarn.  It is going straight into the core stash!



Not too bad, all in all, for a first hank.

Have a wonderful Knitful weekend everyone!

Joining Linda@Natural Suburbia and Steph@Woolythyme for Creative Friday and TamisAmis for FO Friday.

4 comments:

  1. It looks so squishy and soft! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful skein of yarn! Wonderfully even, I really enjoy plying my singles.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Thank you for sharing on Creative Friday.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say it's an AMAZING first skein. Great work. I'm really impressed with how quickly you seem to have gotten the hang of spinning. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-45/

    ReplyDelete