Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ta-Da! Tuesday #1

This weekend I was searching desperately for a pattern I needed before I went on a yarn crawl on Saturday.  I had so much trouble finding this pattern on Friday that I started cold-emails to that big and wonderful group of people the Ravelers .  (If you knit and or crochet and haven't realized how wonderful ravelry.com is then you really should go and set up an account asap!)  I really hate to burden people with a pattern request -- especially since I know how inconvenient that can be, but I must say that SP-M is right -- Knitters are just great people...

My sincerest thanks goes out to my new friend and fellow blogger, soyknits, for her heroic pattern rescue on Saturday!  She has a great blog, Woolythyme and has inspired me to adopt her 'Ta-Da Tuesdays' and 'WIP (Work In Progress) Wednesdays'  :).    I have really enjoyed getting to know her through her blog and I especially like getting to know someone through their blog when our lives intersect.  Obviously we both knit, but we share a love for old wood, craft rooms, lobster, road trips, St. Louis, yarn crawls, gardening (when it's not too hot), dogs (see mine below), cooking/baking, CSAs, and I'm sure there's more but she hasn't blogged about it yet!
Anyway, without further ado, it's...

Ta-Da Tuesday!

Although I have always dreamt of being a sock knitter, the process has always seemed too complicated... there are so many things to worry about -- the heel flap, the gusset, the kitchener stitch... Oh lord, it seemed so difficult... Until I saw the pattern for this and could not resist:

   

Armed with a Stephanie Pearl-McPhee pattern, the greatest blue yarn ever, and a new Clover Pom Pom maker, I was ready to tackle my first sock, or, um, bootie. :)

And the result of that fated weekend yarn crawl (my last for a while I assure you):




Ta-Da!

1 comment:

  1. of course, I loved this post!!!! Thanks for including me! what a haul--can't wait to see what wonderful things are created.

    ReplyDelete