Friday, March 15, 2013

Fiber Fever Friday #23

Happy Fiber Fever Friday Everyone!

I am still spinning the Falkland singles from this week's WIP Wednesday.  I am 3/4 done with the total fiber weight.  I should be able to ply finish the yarn just as soon as my wheel's new bobbins come in...

However, I would like to show you some beautiful fiber I purchased from a Ravelry de-stash:




This is Hobbledehoy's 50/50 blend of merino and yak.  The colorway is called 'Pineapple'.  It is the softest fiber I have ever held and so it naturally holds a place in my core fiber stash.

It serves as an inspiration braid and it will continue to do so until I one day reach the pinnacle of my spinning career and become "good enough" to justify spinning this fiber.    ;-)

I hear this is a common problem for new spinners -- but be assured that I am not skimping out on the good stuff.  My lineup of fibers to be spun is a beautiful mixture of rare breed fibers and blends comprised of merino, falklands, wensleydale, and corriedale wools along with alpaca, camel, and silk.

So far it all still fits in a treasure chest, but I think I may exceed those confines today.  Time to find a bigger treasure chest!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


Joining Linda@Natural Suburbia for Creative Friday and TamisAmis for Finished Object Friday.
Be sure to check them out to see what they have been working on!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I don't know blog comment etiquette. That being said I am very interested in learning to spin yarn can you give me any help?
    Did you take a class, read a book? Do you recommend a bobbin or a wheel to start..?
    Well love your blog very inspiring. Love that your wife has joined the yarn addidcted ;)
    Thanks
    Beth
    Biscottibeth@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovley color!

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-47/

    ReplyDelete