Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ta-Da! Tuesday #17

A very Happy Tuesday to everyone!

Those of you who have been following have seen today's Ta-Da! progress slowly since before The Great Move last fall...  It's been a very fun project and even though the garter stitch bit was a little boring, it was also very relaxing...



I used five skeins for the middle and I very scientifically used up two skeins and then weighed the third.  When I had used exactly half the grams, I changed from increases to decreases and do you know I still feared that I would run out?!  I think I had just a couple yards left when it was all over -- and I'm pretty sure I should have had a lot more than that considering I worked a gauge swatch out of the first skein!

Oh well...



...




Ta-Da!








The blanket turned out to be 37.5 inches square in the center with an additional 3.5 inches per side with the border (which I changed to work knitted on and with short rows for the corners).

I'm pretty happy with this blanket, although these night-time pictures don't exactly do it justice.

It feels good to get this one off the needles.  I finished another object last night and I'm hoping to wrap another one up this evening!  It's like Knitter's Christmas around here these past two weeks.

Apparently when you cast on a lot of things in a frustrating bout of startitis and then work on them in a constant round-robin fashion they all cascade in completion at the same time!  So here I am working on the remaining WIPs and dreaming of a whole new slew of knits!


Knit Happy Everyone!

1 comment: