Monday, August 8, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to A Call to Yarns.  I’ve been thinking about blogging for a while and now that I’m setting up an Etsy shop so that my hobby can ‘do us all a big favor and support itself’  (-:  That’s how my wife would put it… :-) it seems like a good time to start a blog related to the store and the projects I’m making in my spare time…

In an homage to The Yarn Harlot‘s original post, I’ll get straight to the top 10 reasons I should blog about fiber arts and their entry into the world through an Etsy store:

10 – I’m a fiber artist, starved for a creative outlet by my left-brained computer science programming drudgery…
9 – I knit and crochet, rather successfully most of the time.
8 – People like to see the development of a project (especially a commissioned object).
7 – I have lots and lots of yarn.
6 – Despite already having a sizable stash, there are no signs that I will stop acquiring yarn.
5 – I enjoy sharing the combination of yarn and pattern when they come together successfully.
4 – I have a portfolio of works I’ve created over the past 22 years.
3 – I have a digital camera to take pictures of those works and a working knowledge of blogspot.com :)
2 – By establishing a network of other knitters who share an interest in what I’m doing, I could stop trying to have two sided conversations with friends and family who couldn’t give a fig about the difference between yarn fibers or the pros and cons related to knit and crochet stitches.
1 – And finally I, too, have the seemingly essential quadruped companion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment