Tuesday, August 9, 2011

South East Men's Knitting Retreat

 It’s the first annual SEMKR! Everyone’s excited… Here’s a few details and links…

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-East-Mens-Knitting-Retreat/246408772055396?sk=wall

The following is written by Small Town Knit Guy who’s running this whole thing:

From mensknittingretreat.com:

2011 South East Men's Knitting Retreat

It’s time to start planning the South East Men’s Knitting Retreat 2011!!!!
Veteran’s Day is far enough out for planning and preparation for this event and this year, Veteran’s Day long weekend is Friday, November 11th through Sunday, November 13th. I’ve confirmed this weekend with Sarah at Asbury Hills and they are very excited to have us. We will either be in Creekside or Batson depending on the number of attendees. I would like to have at least 10 of us to make it worthwhile. I also need a show of hand/commitment before I can make a deposit on the Reservation.
________________________________________________________________________
Friday, Nov. 11(3 pm-ish)-Sunday, Nov. 13 (11 am-ish)
Here’s the fee/price breakdown per person:
$124.50 - housing for 1day/2 nights (Fri dinner-Sun breakfast, includes 5 meals & LINENS!!!)
Add $50 for private room.
$40 - Admin Fee (this compensates me for my planning and execution time)
$40 - Printing/Supplies Fees/Badges/Thank you cards/postage/phone
$5- Teaching Stipend (To help teachers with their costs and time)
$15 - PayPal Fees (this is now 4% of the total cost and is charged when you transfer money via PayPal)
…………………………………………
$225.00 (sharing)($275.00 private room)GRAND TOTAL (does NOT include your air fare, gas, shuttles, special field trips, etc.) (I also rounded up on paypal fees and to whole dollar to cover 2 transfers: you to me then me to Retreat center)
________________________________________________________________________
Check-In Time is 3pm (11/11), Check-Out Time is 11am (11/13)
I have to sign a contract and pay a deposit 20 days after booking reservation. (1/2 of projected attendee room/board fees).
There will be ABSOLUTELY no refunds, once we reach the 30 Day mark (10/12)
I have given Asbury Hills our request for reservation but we don’t officially have the reservation until I make the deposit. I’ll be signing the contract within the next 60 days. I need to be able to book the reservation soon so no one else books the spot. The sooner you can reserve and make your payment, the sooner I can sign the contract. If you’re interested in going, please let me know on this forum and I’ll send you an invoice via PayPal and a registration form.
I’ll be crafting a poster (with pictures from other retreats)! When, it’s ready, I’ll include a link and how to get a copy for promoting to your networks/contacts.
I look forward to seeing all your faces for this year’s retreat! Please share this with anyone I’ve overlooked or that you think would like to join us. Please Contact Us if you need more info or have questions.

Thanks, Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment